Wednesday, 22 August 2012

I AM NO MORE A CHILD.....

Everything was strange....
everyone was stranger....
but i was strangest. 
So innocent in the face
 but i had a lot to say.
 I had seen a lot more than 
the world expected of me. 
My nerves could no longer 
sustain the ongoing events. 
Back then,i was weak,
i could only watch
 from a distance. 
I could only listen 
behind walls and closed doors.
 It was this today,
that tomorrow and
 something else the next day. 
It was a lifestyle and life cycle
that could be accommodated by none.
 I became used to the fire
 but when the smoke
 started chocking me,
i relented.
I no longer wanted to
 watch from a distance.
 Neither did i want
 to listen behind walls 
and closed doors. 
I was burning with fury,
hatred and horrid ideas 
found their way in my mind. 
My tears ran down my visage
 like a rivulet. 
They were my comfort
watched from miles away 
afraid of the outcome 
of the events at hand. 
Yet all was like 
a crudely played game. 
 My life had suddenly
 become as useless to me
 as a piece of dead wood
 thrown and discarded 
in the middle of the ocean.
 I tried talking but
 my tongue was heavy.
And even when it was light
i didn't see anyone to talk to. 
Nobody could understand:
i was just a child then. 
I am no more a child. 
i don't watch from a distance
 or listen behind walls 
and closed doors.
I cry no more.
 I've found happiness.
 Nothing is strange to me,
nobody is a stranger to me
 and I'm not the strangest person
 I understand my surrounding better.
 I've gotten used to all
that pertains to life.
I'M NO MORE A CHILD.

No comments:

Post a Comment