Wednesday, 8 July 2020

A new day for new memories



I know the rains are dripping
You're wet from it, soaked silly
The cold has wrapped you over
But can you stay one more minute
It's not like I have anything to say
I just want you here, with me
Saying nothing but listening
Not to anything in particular 
Just be here so I know you're here
Be here for it makes me feel safe
Be here for when you are I am sane
Be here because it feels right...







I know the sun has gone down
The earth covered in darkness
With light from fire flies and lanterns
But can you be here another second
I know you'll still show up tomorrow
I know you can barely type in the dark
Your thumbs frozen from the cold winds
The air so icy you cannot even breathe
Yet I feel like you should be here
Telling me about the market women
And sometimes the river and the farms
I love to listen to you talk...

I know nothing I say will keep you here
Yet still you ask me if you should stay
Still you ask if I need you a little more
Still you'd love to be here but you can't
You would not mind to stay up for me
To watch me laugh at your tall tales
To listen to my voice aside the crickets
To tease me about my hair over and over
You say good night and wait in silence
You wait for a signal from me
I say it's okay you can go and take a rest
Tomorrow is a new day to make new memories.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment