We are all on a journey. Sometimes you think you have gotten there but the universe thinks different. In this space I share different journeys that you and I can relate to. Just make sure to soak in every moment that you are here. We could go through the mountains today, the rivers tomorrow, the skies another day and sometimes we will just stop and breathe. I hope you love it here as much as I do. .
Monday, 9 July 2018
Dreams of Home
Someday I will go home
Where the sky is blue everyday
Birds chirp and don’t migrate
The air is the same all year
And the people look like me
But it does not bother them at all
Someday I will really go home.
Someday I will be home
To feel normal again as a child
To stretch my arms out in the rain
To breathe what freedom feels like
To speak wollof and not be strange
Maybe to even play with children
Who are just like me, a little different
This was supposed to be good
Papa promised
This was supposed to make our lives better
Mama whispered in my ears
But my eyes saw different
And my heart beat way too faster
I still dreamt of some place called home.
People around me always seem happy
May be they were finally home
Walking on the streets, arms swinging in the air
Nobody seems to be scared about them
But my little six year old hands
Always tucked closer to my skin
Because this was not my home
I am just a child, I will learn faster
Says the adults around me
I do not understand how lucky I am
Says the people who have never been here
Someday I will surely get back home
Through the same sea of death that I came
And then I will share my dreams with my people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice piece!
ReplyDeleteThanks for passing by.
Delete