Here’s where
you last left me
Right out here
in the cold biting wind
Cuddling
myself in a never-ending shiver
Staring at the
frosty air that escaped my mouth
Afraid but
brave, lost in the mirage that got us here
My feet, numb,
dipped deep into this makeshift
You called it
a forever, but you knew it was a trap
You said to be
strong, it was what made us
Here’s what
you last said
“Listen up, I
am here, will always be.”
So reckless I
was to believe you at that moment
But how could
I not have with that voice
That sweet,
heart satisfying voice you charmed me with
You failed to
explain what you meant by ‘here’
When all I can
feel is a wind of emptiness
Is that really
how promises are kept?
Here’s what
you left me with
A journey of
how to keep going without you
As you can see
I was able to pack up and start up
But then I got
here and time froze on me
I do not know
for how long I have been here
I don’t want
to go, I will stay till you come
Bring me back
your warmth and tender loving
So, I can
begin to live again for another day
Here’s how I
will always remember you
When you slid
your hand into mine on the streets
When you
covered my shame before the world
When you took
my pain and made it yours
I want to
remember you for the dreams we had
That never
really got to see the light of day
I want to
remember what it would have felt like
If you were
here today, it would never have been the same.
Dedicated to my departed love, Ivy Keziah Adinasi
ReplyDeleteCertainly dedicated to her. She still does watch over you, you know.
ReplyDelete