Friday, 9 September 2016

I am scared...

I am scared
Not because you love me
Not because you have chosen me
Not because you might disappoint me
Not because I love you
Not because I have chosen you
Not because I might disappoint you

I am scared
Because of the way you know me
Because of the way you read my mind
Because you care even when I don’t deserve
Because I may not really know you
Because I cannot really read your mind
Because I may not care in the same measure

I am scared
That after these many years
You talk to me like you know me for long
That after these many years
You still feel we can make what we couldn’t
That after these long years
You still think my beauty is as you first saw it

I am scared
Of not being able to give back as much
Of not having changed even with the gap
Of losing you like I lost myself
Of you not giving me as much
Of your life having changed since
Of never having to see you again

But I am more scared
That I may not be as fragrant as roses
That I may not be the princess in your dreams
That I may not find humour in your talk
That my view of life may not coincide with yours
That I might want to fight for myself
That I might want to protect myself from you

I am even more scared
That I may love you more than you do me
That I may hurt myself in the process
That I may spend my life nursing my wounds
That there is little you can do about this
That there is nothing you can do to help me
That I may have to live with it

I am scared
Of being myself with you
Of losing myself to you
Of committing my heart to you
I do not want to wake up one morning
And not know how I ended up here
Or why I ignored every red flag

I am scared
Because you love me
Because you have chosen me
Because you might disappoint me
Because I love you
Because I have chosen you
Because I might disappoint you

1 comment:

  1. You breath life into poetry and every line makes perfect sense to me. I understand I guess.

    ReplyDelete