Wednesday, 6 July 2016

I ONCE KNEW LOVE...

I once knew love, just once i did
It was so far yet so near me
I could feel it crawl over my skin
I heard its sound in every wind that blew
It spoke to me in soft voices
It warmed up my heart in cold nights
It promised to always be here
I once knew love, just once i did

I once knew love, just once i did
In unseen circumstances love protected me
In seen circumstances love stood by me
Its eyes were full of a future so flourished
Its hands clasped mine when fear gripped me
Its soul knew each wall of my soul
And its ears listened to my every dream
I once knew love, just once i did

I once knew love, just once i did
It watched over me and my every step
It defined the tunes of my laughter
It wiped away the rivulets of my tears
It renewed my strength at its lowest
It made me fight when need arose
And it gave me a reason to live again
I once knew love, just once i did

I once knew love, just once i did
But i never gathered the courage for it
I never stretched my arms to its direction
Or even took one step to walk towards it
Nor did i even whisper back at its sounds
I let it wander off to unknown lands
And i watched as it faded away in the horizon
I once knew love, just once i did

I once knew love, just once i did
There have been nights of constant long waits
Hoping for one sign of its presence
Hoping for its whispers in the middle of a crisis
Hoping for one word to give me strength
Hoping for a ray of light to shine on me
But all i see is a grey zone lurking all over
I once knew love, just once i did

I once knew love, just once i did
I was blind when love met me
I was deaf when love spoke to me
I had no limbs to walk to where love was
I was stubborn, arrogant, and proud
I was incorrigible and full of doubts
And love gave up on me
I once knew love, just once i did

I once knew love, just once i did
And if i ever meet love again, if i do
I will hold onto it with everything left of me
I will open my eyes to the tiniest bit of its detail
I will listen to every sound it makes
I will breathe every air that it breathes
And I will walk the little life i have left, with love
Until my heart can beat no more...

No comments:

Post a Comment