Monday, 28 March 2016

THE MAN FROM THE RAINS



Sometimes i see you in my dreams
Sometimes i think about you
Sometimes i wonder about you
Do you even remember me?
Do you even remember my name?
I am the girl from the Old church
Of chipping blue paint at the edges
And rusted mahogany
And you are the man from the rains...

I remember your deep blue canvas
You wore them whenever i met you
I remember the tag from your shoe
A little star at the corner
You always kept it white
Even in heavy dark nights
The little star sparkled for us....


Your black raincoat
It smelled of heavy fragrances
You always threw it over my shoulders
And let the rains splatter over you
You held my hands into your frozen palms
Walked me down the street lights
Wadding through pools of water
Jumping over mud puddles
Breathing heavy under the cold weather
Where did you go man from the rains?

You came to the blue church every evening
Waiting on me..for me..to see me
And then you would take me home
I remember the big bulbs on the streets
Shining brightly on our faces
We would stand under each of them
One, two, three, four, five, six...
And the last would be my home

I am sorry i never cared for your name
But i remember your smile
If often came with a whimper
Not so much for a guy in a red baseball cap
Faded blue jeans and easy shirts
With a life i even had no clue of
Until you showed up in the rains

You never missed a day of the rains
You never asked for my name either
You never asked for my contact
Yet you showed up at the blue church
....Every day....
When it rained you were there
Smiling meekly and waiting patiently
You were a mystery, my wonderland
For when i was with you i was lost
Sometimes to your laughter
Sometimes to your gazes
Sometimes in your heavy raincoat...

 I wonder if you ever think about me
I wonder if you ever remember
The stories full of nothing
That we whispered as we walked home
Or how you made me walk in mud puddles
And asked me to look into the skies
And let the rains fall on my face
I still do....

 

When no one is watching
I look into the skies
And when the rains fall on my face
I close my eyes and i hope, wish
That when i open you will be there
Laughing out loud and waiting
To see how my eyes turn red and sore
And then i have no option
But to let you hold my hand
Till the end of the street
Till home......

2 comments: