Friday, 12 February 2016

MYSTERY MAN...



Finally you called
After many silent years
I thought you were gone forever
Like a good day does
We only get it once in life
Then it goes until forever
But why did you call
To mock me
To torture my heart
To awaken my soul
Why did you call me?

 


Your raspy voice behind the receiver
It causes my heart to stop beating
And butterflies fill my stomach
I can see my hands get shaky
And the palms begin to get sweaty
My mouth runs dry of words
For my breathe takes a sudden break
Maybe to hear you speak
Or to hear your heavy breathe
From the other end of the line
When you call me baby....

You used to call daily
Then you called every forth night
....then you stopped
And i began to miss you
I could have called back
But i quivered every time
My hands would shake
Then my heart would freeze
Then my chest became heavy
And i became too weak
I often dropped it at that

But why did you stop
I missed the goodnight kisses
They made my nights full
They made my nights easy
You knew how to tuck me in
There was never a bedtime story
But a silent wish
You would look into my eyes
And shut them with your hands
Then you would kiss them
And say goodnight my love

 But why did you stop
My heart yearned for mornings
When my mail would be full
You never got tired to write
Every day a different note
Something to lift my spirits
Something to carry my day
The days never got better
When you would call me sunshine
Or say i smelled more like lavenders
And you would hold me forever

 

Then you stopped kissing goodnight
My nights were ripped apart
My heart torn to pieces
No sleep, no peace
My eyes welled with tears
They would flow till i sleep
I began to live without you
But everyday i still waited
Maybe you just forgot
But it was days, months, years
Then forever you left

My mornings were scattered
You were not there to fill it
I stopped watching the sun rise
It meant nothing without you
I stood under heavy storms
And let the rains beat me
Just so my sorrows would drown
But afterwards i would be cold
And you were not there
To tell me it was going to be ok
Or hold me tight on your bosom

Finally you called
I feel like a truck just hit me
I feel like strangling you to death
But my heart stops
At the sound of your raspy voice
I lose ground of my own self
I want to grab you to myself
So you never go again
I am wounded to the heart
And weakened to the soul
Mystery man, why did you call?

6 comments:

  1. This is so real, so sweet a poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every line speaks an emotion felt before. This is a pleasure. I'd call it an upgrade not a rendition. Bless you daughter of africa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i only followed your story from a sadder angle

      Delete
  3. So real dear! Story of my life ��

    ReplyDelete