There was a moment
Breath taking…
That was the
first word you used
You compared my
body to the waves of the sea
And my laughter
to the sound of the winds
You said they
lasted and you wanted forever
You compared my
skin to coconut milk
Supple and
refreshing on any day
You called me an
angel
And said heaven
sent me to you
Ravishing….
That was the second word you used
You compared my eyes to that of an owl
Sharp and attentive to details, crystal clear
You said my eye balls were like bean seeds
Dropped in a can of soya milk
Something you called health to the bone
You defined my curves with your eyes
And called it art.
I remember how you threw me in the air
And glorified my neck…long like an antelope
You let the rain fall on me
And said it was glorious...Tantalizing
You said my skin colour was perfect
Deep like sea soil…African gold
You worshipped the ground I walked on
And glorified the air I breathed
It was good while it
lasted
Wasted…
That is the first word you used
You compared my body to a used can of beans
Dirty and discarded, debris left for the dogs
You sent me tissue to wipe my tears
And said big girls do not cry over nothing
You said we could handle it together
I believed you
Move on…
The first time you used two words
You shared her pictures on social media
And declared your undying love and loyalty to her
You called her forever…and never ending
And you asked me to pack and leave
I became the other woman
A burden on my head and pain in my heart
Reality had just began to take toll
Lost…
The first time I ever described myself
The mirror could not recognize me
I did not see milk supple skin
I saw scales, a dying flesh full of plaque
My eyes…red…blood shot with a gaze
A well of tears replaced the bean in a can of milk
I struggled to find breathe and feared the wind
Denial…
That is how my life has ended up
A bottle in hand, a baby in tow
Life has to keep moving
Skies must turn black and let it rain
I spread the carton and pull my dress in
No home, no life, no death
There was a moment…
SOOO LOVELY and HEART FELT. Must be a true real life moment, huh?
ReplyDeleteI'll stop reading if I have to redo my mascarra all the time. So beautiful, everything poetry, all life within. #giftedmind
ReplyDeleteVernon must be a true life moment for many women i know
ReplyDeletethank you Olave Orawo i often try to get my points at home and i hope i do
ReplyDelete